|About the book|
Through four editions, Juran’s Quality Planning and Analysis has provided students and professionals with an authoritative treatment of the subject that goes beyond statistical techniques.
The fifth edition of this highly regarded classic book on managing for quality, Juran’s Quality Planning and Analysis for Enterprise Quality, combines the pioneering concepts of Dr. Joseph M. Juran and the teachings of the late Dr. Frank M. Gryna with the insights and experience of today’s leading trainers and practitioners at the Juran Institute: Dr. Richard Chua, Executive VP and Joseph A. DeFeo, President & Executive Coach.
The trademark Juran Institute approach has been retained, developing the viewpoint that the achievement of quality products and services requires the application of managerial, technological, statistical, and behavioral actions throughout all functions of an organization. With real-world problems provided in each chapter, students are faced with realities that confront managers, designers, engineers, marketers, operations personnel, users, and others involved in enterprise quality.
This text will challenge readers to make assumptions, estimate economics, reach data-driven conclusions, and adapt themselves to the imperfect world of the practitioner. Students and professionals will also find this book useful as they prepare for various certifications such as the Certified Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Quality Manager, Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt.
|Table of contents|
Introduction: A Roadmap for Change
Part I: Foundation
1. Basic Concepts
2. Companywide Assessment of Quality
3. Quality Improvement and Cost Reduction
4. Operational Quality Planning and Sales Income
5. Quality Control
Part II: Managerial Concepts
6. Process Management
7. Organization for Quality
8. Strategic Quality Management
9. Developing a Quality Culture
Part III: Functional Applications
10. Understanding Customer Needs
11. Designing for Quality
12. Supply Chain Management
13. Operations-Manufacturing Sector
14. Operations-Service Sector
15. Inspection, Test, and Measurement
16. Quality Assurance Audits
Part IV: Statistical Techniques
17. Basic Concepts of Statistics and Probability
18. Statistical Tools for Analyzing Data
19. Statistical Tools for Designing for Quality
20. Statistical Process Control Appendix I: Supplementary Problems Using Minitab Appendix II: Study Guide Examples Appendix III: Tables