|About the book|
Currently, the installed capacity of power generation in India is 104,917 MW and by 2012 another 100,000 MW will be added. With this addition, the requirement of power and distribution transformers will grow enormously, as will the emphasis on quality and performance. The design of a transformer is critical to its quality as are men, machines and materials. This book is a hands-on guide covering design, process control of manufacturing technique, installation, erection, commissioning and maintenance of distribution transformers. It also covers failure analysis and remedial measures for increasing the longevity of transformers. Apart from explaining the design aspect of transformers, the book lists the requirements of ISO 9000 in the process of manufacturing technique up to the final stages of product testing, inspection and despatch.
|About the author|
Indrajit Dasgupta is technical director in P M Electronics Limited, as ISO 9001 certified company, located in Greater Noida (UP).
A graduate in electrical engineering from Jadavpur University, Calcutta, he acquired working knowledge in design and manufacturing techniques of transformers from various small and medium size industries in India and abroad. The initial part of his professional career was engaged in instrument transformer industries, making current and potential transformers of up to 220 KV. Subsequently, he worked in the field of distribution and medium size power transformers.
|Table of contents|
1. Working Principle of a Transformer
2. Requirements of Transformer Specifications from End-Users
3. Basic Materials and their Processing
4. The Basic Concept of Design
5. Design of a 100 KVA Transformer
6. Design of the 630 KVA Transformer
7. Design of the 5 MVA, 33/11 KV Transformer
8. The Design Concept of Distribution Transformers Under Repair Contract
9. The Basic Concept of Computer-Aided Design
10. Dry-type Distribution Transformers with Polyesterimide VPI (A New Concept in India)
11. Process Control
12. A Schedule of Tests and their Procedures
13. User’s Installation and Instruction Manual for Transformers in Services
14. Draft Specification for 25, 63 and 100 KVA, 11/0.433 KV Aluminium-Wound Conventional Distribution Transformers
15. Nature of Failures and their Causes